What is Considered Cheating in a Relationship?
What is considered as cheating in a relationship is a very debatable question that many people agree on but also disagree. There are some people believe on thing is ok but others are not and totally out of bounds. It all depends on what type of relationship you have with your partner. This is something that should have been brought up between you both at the beginning of your relationship so that you both knew where the boundaries lay. Here are some of the things that are considered cheating by most people:
• Kissing someone who is not a member of your family or your partner.
• Having any form of sexual contact with anyone other than your partner.
• Having sexual intercourse with someone who is not your partner.
• Having a cyber affair or getting frisky with someone online or by telephone.
• Flirting that you wouldn’t do in front of your partner.
• IM, txt, email or talking to someone in a way you know your partner would not approve of.
There are others that are ripe open to debate such as watching pornography, hugging other people who are not family or your partner, being too over friendly with someone and going somewhere with someone (like a date, meal or movie) with someone else even though nothing happens. It all comes down to trust, how much you trust your partner and how much your partner trusts you. It is always a good idea to understand each others thoughts and feelings on these subjects so that you both know where the land lies.
There are problems when one partner does something innocently not seeing it as a form of cheating where as the other partner feels aggrieved by it. You both need to communicate to stop this from happening; bad communication has fizzled out far too many relationships that would have continued happily on if both partners had learned to talk to each other. Don’t be idiots and fall out over trivial things, set the ground rules so you both know where you are stepping and why.